Statement of Faith & Beliefs
A. The Bible
We believe the Bible to be inspired and the only infallible, authoritative, inerrant Word of God and the sole basis for faith and practice (2 Timothy 3:15; 2 Peter 1:21).
B. The Trinity
We believe there is one God, eternally existent in three persons – Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Genesis 1:1; Matthew 28:19; John 10:30).
C. Jesus Christ
We believe in:
- The deity of Christ (John 1:1; John 10:30)
- The humanity of Jesus Christ (Hebrews 2:17)
- His virgin birth (Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:23; Luke 1:35)
- His sinless life (Hebrews 4:15; Hebrews 7:26)
- His miracles (John 2:11)
- His vicarious and atoning death (1 Corinthians 15:3; Ephesians 1:7; Hebrews 2:9)
- His resurrection (John 20:1-31; 1 Corinthians 15:4)
- His Ascension to the right hand of the Father (Mark 16:19)
- His personal return in power and glory (Acts 1:11; Revelation 19:11)
- In the absolute necessity of regeneration by the Holy Spirit for salvation because of the exceeding sinfulness of human nature
- That people are justified on the single ground of faith in the shed blood of Christ
- That only by God’s grace and through faith in Jesus Christ alone are we saved (John 3:16-19; John 5:24; Romans 3:23; Romans 5:8-9; Ephesians 2:8-10; Titus 3:5)
We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost: those that are saved unto the resurrection of life, and those that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation (John 5:28-29).
F. Unity of Believers
We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ (Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 12:12-13; Galatians 3:26-28).
G. The Holy Spirit
We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life (Romans 8:13-14; 1 Corinthians 3:16; 1 Corinthians 6:19-20, Ephesians 4:30; Ephesians 5:18).
H. Sex and Marriage
- We believe that God wonderfully and immutably creates each person as male or female and that these two distinct, complementary genders together reflect the image and nature of God (Gen. 1:26-27). Consequently, the rejection of one’s biological sex is a rejection of the image of God within that person.
- We believe the term “marriage” has only one meaning, which is marriage sanctioned by God that joins one man and one woman in a single, exclusive union, as delineated in Scripture (Genesis 2:18-24, Ephesians 5:31). We believe God intends sexual intimacy to only occur between a man and a woman who are married to each other and that God has commanded there is to be no intimate sexual activity engaged in outside of a marriage relationship between a man and a woman. We believe that any form of sexual immorality, such as adultery, fornication, homosexuality, bisexual conduct, bestiality, incest, pornography, or any attempt to change one’s sex, or disagreement with one’s biological sex, is sinful and offensive to God (1 Corinthians 6:9-20; 1 Corinthians 7:1-5; Ephesians 5:3; Hebrews 13:4).
I. Availability of Redemption
We believe God offers redemption and restoration to all who confess and forsake their sin and seek His mercy and forgiveness through Jesus Christ (2 Corinthians 5:18-19; Ephesians 1:7; Colossians 1:20-22).
J. Sanctity of Life
We believe that all human life is sacred and created by God in His image (Psalm 139). Human life is of inestimable worth in all its dimensions, including pre-born babies, the aged, the physically or mentally challenged, and every other stage or condition from conception through natural death. We are therefore called to defend, protect, and value all human life.
Christian Doctrinal Statement:
LCA receives the Holy Bible as its authority in matters of faith and practice. The Statement of Faith and Beliefs does not exhaust the extent of our beliefs. The Bible itself, being the inspired and infallible Word of God that speaks with final authority concerning truth, morality, and the proper conduct of mankind, is the sole and final source of all that we believe. For purposes of LCA’s faith, doctrine, practice, policy, and discipline, the Board of Directors is LCA’s final interpretative authority on the Bible’s meaning and application.
As LCA endeavors to fulfill its mission and realize its vision, our ministry is characterized by the following core values:
Scripture is the revealed Word of God and is taught as truth, which is then integrated into the learning experience. Students are taught:
- All truth is God’s truth
- They are created in the image of God
- They must confront the issue of sin and redemption
- They can know God as revealed in Christ and made present through the Holy Spirit
- They can have a personal relationship with our Lord Jesus Christ
- They can live honestly and responsibly
- They can fulfill God’s plan for their lives
The Christian mind should be the best mind, enlightened by the mind of Christ and one that integrates God’s principles with academic pursuits. The Ends priorities are to develop students with a biblical worldview who are well prepared in all academic disciplines with an emphasis on:
- Accurately interpreting the Word of God
- Mastering communication skills
- Showing proficiency in mathematics and science
- Understanding history and God’s role in it
- Appreciating literature and the arts
- Reasoning and thinking critically
- Finding, analyzing, evaluating, and appropriately using information
- Integrating faith and learning in all academic disciplines
- Developing innovative curriculum and programs
- Teaching Bible as an essential core subject in the academic curriculum
The Board of Directors, Superintendent, administration, faculty, and staff shall be committed followers of Christ, teaching and leading from a biblically integrated perspective. The Ends priorities of those engaged with the school’s governance, leadership, and teaching will be to:
- Model Christ in their teaching and leading
- Reflect and support the school’s mission and core values
- Understand and focus on achieving the school’s vision and expected outcomes
- Exhibit love, justice, humility, service, and sensitivity relevant to a diverse community
- Implement in all cultural contexts a thoroughly biblical philosophy of education
Potential in Christ
Every learning experience aims to enable students to reach their full potential in Christ. Ends priorities will focus teaching on:
- Providing programs and services appropriate for the student
- Establishing awareness of the student’s relationship and responsibility to society
- Developing students intellectually, spiritually, socially, emotionally, and physically through every curricular and co-curricular activity
- Making disciples
- Preparing for works of service
- Developing an eternal view of life
- Thinking and processing information in the context of a biblical worldview
The school’s day-to-day operational practices are a consistent model of integrity, efficiency, and accountability. Ends priorities of biblical values are consistently implemented as the school:
- Reflects the high road to policy development and accountability in Board governance
- Manages people resources ethically and justly
- Manages and monitors school finances with integrity and disclosure
- Conducts straightforward and Christ-like relations with the government and its agencies
- Creates ethical, clear, and open strategies in business, development, marketing, and personnel
- Conducts fair and consistent classroom management
- Reflects honesty, openness, and fairness in parent relations
- Maintains high academic standards with internal and external evaluation
- Initiates a plan of consistent evaluation and assessment for continuous improvement